Unique and adaptable as the animal it's named for the PowerTac Chameleon is a truly unique piece of equipment. Able to adapt to any number of usage scenarios the light's trio of CREE XP-E LEDs can combine to form a range of color combinations not found on any other light on the market today. Like all PowerTac products the Chameleon is covered by a NO HASSLE Lifetime Warranty.
Why the different colors?
Red: Preferred by some for night vision for due to providing a higher level of contrast, red is popular in military operations because it's difficult to see at a distance.
Green: The first color in the spectrum used for night vision, green helps preserve night vision while still providing significant illumination.
Blue: Blue light is often preferred for it's soft light, it's useful for reading at close distances without hurting your eyes. The only color of light that cuts through fog, blue LEDs are often used for the contrast they make with blood or other bodily fluids.
Ultraviolet (UV): While harmful when shone directly in the eyes, UV light has numerous applications in the field. Able to help detect body fluids, counterfeit bills, and various minerals and proteins.
Features and Specifications
- Combine colors for a distinctive color rendering not found on any other light
- Multiple CREE XP-E LEDs allow you to mix-and-match for your applications:
- 1x Red LED: CREE XP-E Red LED (625 nm)
- High/Strobe: 110 Lumens
- Low: 40 Lumens
- 1x Green LED: CREE XP-E Green LED (530 nm) High/Strobe: 150 Lumens Low: 50 Lumen
- 1x Blue LED: CREE XP-E Royal Blue LED (460 nm)
- Flux on High*: 765 mW
- Flux on Low*: 260 mW
- 4x 5 mm UV LED (380 nm) @ 15 mW
- 8 Color Combinations!
- Mixed Red/Green/Blue (White Light)
- Mixed Red/Blue
- Mixed Red/Green
- Mixed Green/Blue
- 13 Steady Beam Illumination Levels:
- Low/Medium/High Mixed RGB (30/60/120 Lumens)
- Low/High on Each Individual Color
- High for each of the Bi-Color Combinations
- Red + Blue: 80 Lumens
- Red + Green: 135 Lumens
- Green + Blue: 120 Lumens
- 1 UV Mode
- 3 Different Strobe Modes
- Runtime: Mixed White Light can run as long as 2.5 Hours on Full Brightness
- Battery Compatibility:
- Uses 2 x CR123A or 1 x 18650 (NOT INCLUDED)
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH Rechargeable 123 Batteries over 3v
- Durable Aircraft Grade Aluminum Body with Type III Anodized Finish
- IPX-8 Rated Water Proof - Up to 2m of water for 1 hour
- Ergonomic design is both anti-roll and anti-slip to provide a stable and firm grip
- Easily power on and change light levels with tactical tail switch
- Magnetic ring switches between light combinations
- Length: 144mm
- Bezel Diameter: 58mm
- Body Diameter: 25.4mm
- Tail Cap Diameter: 34mm
- Weight: 253g (Without Batteries)
- Included Accessories: 1 x Lanyard
* Please Note: To learn more about radiant and luminous flux, see: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/lumpow.html